Galaxy Fold - Take care of your device (SM-F900W)
With just a little care and maintenance, you can make sure your Galaxy Fold always performs at its best. And that means keeping its exterior, internal storage, and memory in good condition. As long as you follow a few guidelines, your Galaxy Fold will sparkle inside and out.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Your Fold is extra special, but that also means it needs some extra care. The easiest way to keep it looking new is to regularly clean it. Cleaning your Galaxy Fold is simple and not that different from cleaning any other Galaxy phone. However, you will want to be careful about cleaning the phone's hinge. If it becomes dusty or dirty, make sure you clean it gently with a soft, dry cloth to avoid damaging your phone.
To keep your Galaxy Fold looking and working great, follow these other important tips:
- Before folding the phone, make sure there are no objects such as cards, coins, or keys in between the screens. Otherwise, a sharp object could potentially scratch or puncture the main screen.
- This device is not water or dust resistant. Do not allow any liquids or particles to enter the device.
- DO NOT press the screen with a hard or sharp object, such as a pen or your fingernail, or apply excessive pressure. Doing so could result in scratching or puncturing the screen.
- DO NOT remove the protective top layer from the main screen, or attach any adhesive accessories, such as protectors or stickers.
- DO NOT fold the device toward the back side or backwards. The device will be damaged.
- DO NOT place magnets near the phone. Magnetic objects, such as credit cards, passbooks, access cards, boarding passes, or parking passes, may be damaged or disabled by the magnets in the Fold.
Your device contains magnets, which may affect medical devices, such as pacemakers or implantable cardioverter defibrillators. If you are using any of these medical devices, keep your device a safe distance from them and consult with our physician before you use the device.
Another thing that will keep Your Galaxy Fold in great shape is its Aramid fiber cover. This special case comes included in the Fold's black manual box, and it will protect your phone from scratches and dents.
Attaching the case is quick. First, clean the Galaxy Fold and the new case with a microfiber cloth. Next, remove the tape that is attached inside the case's front and back covers. Then, carefully attach the front cover, starting at the right side of the front screen. Press the cover down, slowly moving toward the hinge, until you hear a snap. Do the same for the back cover, and you are done!
Cleaning out your phone's files periodically will keep it free of unnecessary data, so it will keep running in top shape.
Additionally, you can stop background apps from running to free up memory. Luckily, your Galaxy Fold comes with some device care options and more that clean up storage and memory to help improve performance.
Thank you for your feedback!