Wireless charging for your Galaxy phone
Imagine a world with no wires - that dream is now a reality with Samsung wireless chargers! With these chargers, you can charge your phone simply by placing it on the charger (sold separately). Samsung offers different kinds of wireless chargers based on your needs; for example, the Wireless Charger Trio allows you to charge up to three Galaxy devices simultaneously, such as smart watches or earbuds. In most cases, you will not need to remove the phone's case or cover, and you can still use your phone while it is charging.
Note: Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Note: Fast wireless charging is automatically activated when you use a fast wireless charger. The indicator light on the front of the charging duo, stand, or pad may work differently depending on the device or wireless charging cover being used.
Note: If needed, remove your phone's case, especially if the case is thick.
- Galaxy Note phones: Galaxy Note20 5G series, Galaxy Note10 series, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Note8, and Galaxy Note5.
- Galaxy S phones: Galaxy S21 5G series, Galaxy S20 5G series, Galaxy S9 series, Galaxy S8 series, Galaxy S7 series, and Galaxy S6 series.
- Foldable phones: Galaxy Z Fold, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G.
- Samsung earbuds: Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds Live, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds2, and Galaxy Buds.
- Samsung smartwatches: Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Watch Active, and Galaxy Watch Active2.
Note: Galaxy A series devices are not compatible with wireless charging.
You see a red light on your wireless charger, but what does it mean? We have a breakdown of the different indicator lights and what they signify right here:
- Red - Charging
- Green - Fully charged
- Flashing Red - Not charging properly due to the phone's position on the charger
- Off - When the phone is removed from the wireless charger or when the wireless charger is not connected to a power outlet
Important: If the indicator light does not work as described, disconnect the cable from the wireless charger and reconnect it. The indicator light may work differently depending on the phone or the wireless charging cover. For example, some models of wireless charger may use different indicator light colors.
If your wireless charger does not seem to be working, there is usually a quick fix, such as removing a thick phone case. Check out the following solutions to help your charger work better:
- When the device is placed incorrectly on the charging surface, it may not charge properly. Make sure your device is placed in the center of the charging pad with no obstructions. The device's back should come in contact with the charger.
- Wireless charging may not work properly if you have a thick case on your phone. If needed, remove it before placing your phone on the wireless charger.
- When a headset is connected to your phone, place the phone in a landscape position on the wireless charger. If you place the phone in a portrait position, it may not charge.
- If you use the wireless charger in areas with weak network signals, you may lose network reception.
- If a different charger or USB cable is connected to your phone, the wireless charging feature may be unavailable.
- Make sure the wireless charger is plugged in to a working power outlet or power source.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.
The coding for Contact US > Call > View more function. And this text is only displayed on the editor page, please do not delet this component from Support Home. Thank you