Care for your Galaxy Z Flip
With just a little care and maintenance, you can make sure your Galaxy Z Flip always performs at its best. And that means keeping its exterior, internal storage, and memory in good condition. As long as you follow a few guidelines, your foldable phone will sparkle inside and out.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Your Galaxy Z Flip is extra special, but that also means it needs some care. The easiest way to keep it looking new is to regularly clean it. Cleaning your foldable phone is simple and not that different from cleaning any other Galaxy phone. However, you will want to be careful about cleaning the phone's hinge. If it becomes dusty or dirty, make sure you clean it gently with a soft, dry cloth to avoid damaging your phone.
To keep your Galaxy Z Flip looking and working great, follow these other important tips:
- Before folding the phone, make sure there are no objects such as cards, coins, or keys in between the screens. Otherwise, a sharp object could potentially scratch or puncture the main screen.
- This device is not water or dust resistant. Do not allow any liquids or particles to enter the device.
- DO NOT press the screen with a hard or sharp object, such as a pen or your fingernail, or apply excessive pressure. Doing so could result in scratching or puncturing the screen.
- DO NOT remove the protective top layer from the main screen, or attach any adhesive accessories, such as protectors or stickers.
- DO NOT fold the device toward the back side or backwards. This will damage the device.
Your Galaxy Z Flip comes with its own protective clear cover that you can attach to the phone. There are two parts to the cover included in the device’s packaging, right inside the box's lid.
First, remove the vinyl strip from your Galaxy Z Flip, and then clean any dust or fingerprints from the device’s surface using a soft microfiber cloth. Next, unfold your phone so that it’s completely flat, and then place it face down. Peel off the adhesive tape from inside the clear covers, and attach them to the sides of the Galaxy Z Flip. If you notice any dirt or dust under the cover pieces after using the phone for a while, you can take them off and wipe down the device.
Cleaning out your phone's files periodically will keep it free of unnecessary data, so it will keep running in top shape.
Additionally, you can stop background apps from running to free up memory. Luckily, your Galaxy Z Flip comes with some device care options and more that clean up storage and memory to help improve performance.
Thank you for your feedback!