Samsung TV - Adjust your sound settings to help improve audio quality
When everyone's asleep but you still want to watch TV, wall-rattling surround sound is probably out of the question. Or maybe you're trying to decide if you even want a soundbar or surround system. Either way, you can still get great sound just by using the TV's sound settings. By using optimized sound modes and advanced settings like equalizer and balance, you'll be able to get superb sound from the TV.
The provided information refers to Samsung Smart TVs sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries. Functions will vary from model to model.
On most Samsung TVs, there are 3 Sound Mode presets: Standard (default setting), Optimized, and Amplify. It's easy to switch between sound modes, but there are a couple of ways you can do it. Both methods will work on most Samsung TVs.
On newer Samsung TVs, grab the remote and press the Home button. Next, scroll over to Quick Settings, and then up to Sound Mode.
Or you can try this method available on most Samsung TVs. Press the Home button on the remote, and then navigate to Settings. Select Sound, and then select Sound Mode. From there, select the one that sounds best to you:
- Standard: Balanced sound where no tones are emphasized, such as the voices or bass.
- Optimized: Specific effects are more powerful and sounds are more spacious.
- Amplify: Amplify mid and high tones of the sound. This is useful when voices are difficult to understand.
Whether you want more bass or need to adjust the balance, Expert Settings lets you adjust advanced TV sound settings. Press the Home button on your remote, and then navigate to Settings. Select Sound, and then select Expert Settings.
Now you can customize the sound on your TV to make it right for you. These are the settings you can adjust once you're in the Expert Settings menu:
- Balance: Emphasizes sound from the right or left speaker.
- Equalizer: Adjusts the level of low and high bands.
- HDMI Input Audio Format: Allows you to select your preferred audio format of the HDMI audio input.
- Digital Output Audio Format: Allows you to select the digital output format. The Dolby Digital + option is only available via HDMI (ARC) for external speakers that support the format.
- Dolby Atmos Input: Set to On if the connected speakers support Dolby Atmos.
- Auto Volume: Automatically adjusts volume based on your usage.
- Sound Feedback: Plays audio cues as you navigate through the settings and select options.
- Reset Sound: Resets current sound settings to defaults.
Want to connect wireless speakers, Bluetooth speakers, and a soundbar to the TV? You'll just need to set the sound output. Press the Home button on your remote, and then navigate to and select Settings. Select Sound, select Sound Output, and then select the desired sound output.
When Sound Output is set to external speakers only, the Volume and Mute buttons on the remote and some Sound functions are disabled.
Thank you for your feedback!