Samsung Rewards Innovation Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Samsung Rewards Innovation Challenge (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and in attendance at the Samsung Developer Conference in San Francisco, CA at the time of entry. Employees of Samsung HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Employer Permission/Acknowledgement– Individuals must be able to participate in the Contest without violation of any third-party rights or obligations, including without limitation an employer’s policies or procedures. To the extent an Individual’s participation is within the scope of his or her employment as an employee, contractor, or agent, the Individual must have notified his or her employer or principal for whom that Individual is working at the time of entry of participation in the Contest, including without limitation the potential receipt of a prize.
2. Sponsor: Samsung Electronics America, Inc.,85 Challenger Rd., Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Floor 21, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on November 7, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) and ends on November 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period") Administrator's servers are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit the Samsung Rewards booth to get instructions on how to submit your proposal responding to the following challenge question: How you would use Samsung Rewards to encourage users to engage with your app and the Samsung ecosystem?
Your “Submission” must include your original proposal responding to the challenge question, including your thoughts on how your proposal meets the Evaluation Criteria listed below in Section 7. In addition, you must provide the following contact information: your first and last name, title (Mr., Ms., Miss, etc.), your employer, your position, your email address and at your option, a phone number.
By entering, entrant represents and warrants that:
a. Original work: Submission is an original work by entrant and entrant has not included third-party content (such as writing, text, graphics, artwork, logos, photographs, or likeness of any third party) in or in connection with the Submission, unless (i) specifically disclosed by entrant in the Submission, and (ii) entrant has either obtained the rights to use such third-party content or the content of the Submission is considered in the public domain without any limitations on use;
b. Right to submission: entrant has obtained all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission and to grant all of the rights that entrant has granted or agrees to grant to Sponsor hereunder, including the right for Sponsor to use and develop derivative works of and from the Submission.
c. No third-party rights: Unless otherwise disclosed in the Submission, the use of the Submission as well as the material described in the Submission by Sponsor, and the exercise by Sponsor of any of the rights granted by entrant under this Agreement, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights.
d. Similar Submissions: In the event that entrant’s Submission is identical or similar to the Submission of another entrant in this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to score one Submission higher than the other.
e. The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, trade secret, patent, trademark, publicity or any intellectual property rights;
f. The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
g. The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
h. The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
i. The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to laws or regulations.
Limit: Each entrant may upload one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor's Use of Submissions: By entering, entrant agrees that: (i) all Submissions become Sponsor's property and will not be returned; and (ii) entrant hereby grants Sponsor and its affiliates, licensees, successors, and assignees the right and license to use, display, reproduce, produce derivative works, or in any other way utilize any and all Submissions, and the names, likenesses, and images of all persons appearing in the Submission, for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity. Entrant understands, recognizes, and accepts that Sponsor has access to, may create or has created materials and ideas which may be similar or identical to the Submission in concept, theme, idea, format or other respects. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Challenge Sponsor shall have the right to use such same or similar materials, and that entrant will not be entitled to any compensation arising from Sponsor's use of such materials. The foregoing licenses are perpetual and shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.
Submission may not be acknowledged and will not be received or held "in confidence." The act of submitting a Submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between entrant and the Sponsor. By submitting a Submission, entrant agree that its submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrant acknowledges that, by accepting a Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to entrant Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than entrant.
7. Winner Determination: After the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the three (3) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the "Potential Winners ") from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Consumer Value: Does Submission provide value to Samsung consumers? (15%);
• Partner Value: Does the Submission provide value to a partner brand? (15%);
• Company Value: Does the Submission provide value to Samsung and/or the Samsung Rewards Program?; (15%);
• Overall fit: Submission Works well with the Samsung Rewards Program (including the technology, Samsung brand, and strategy of the Samsung Rewards program (15%);
• Risk/Reward: The Submission has considered the risk that there is market demand for the proposed solution with the potential reward to the Samsung Rewards program and the partner brand (15%); and
• Innovation: The submission demonstrates a commitment to innovation, growth and thinking outside of the box (25%).
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email on or around November 14, 2018. The potential Grand Prize and First Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Administrator within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim the prize. The potential Second prize winner will be required to provide their mailing address for prize fulfillment purposes within three days of the date notice is sent. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes:ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A Samsung Galaxy Note9 (128 GB). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000.
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: A Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. ARV: $650.
ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: A Samsung Galaxy Watch (Silver, 46 mm). ARV: $350.
The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled 4 – 6 weeks after the end of the Contest.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. Not an Offer of Employment: Nothing in this Contest is an offer or contract of employment of any kind with any entity. Entrant acknowledges that entrant’s Submission is submitted voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrant acknowledges that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between entrant and Sponsor or any of the released parties and that no such relationship is established by submission of any Submission.
13. Ownership of Submission: Each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties, and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
14.General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; or (7) any claims by an Innovator that his or her or its submission is similar to or competitive with technologies or products independently developed by Challenge Sponsor or received by Challenge Sponsor from third parties, including from other Innovators.. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, FRANCHISEES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERSBE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS MEANS THAT PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS FROM SAMSUNG AND ITS LICENSORS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SPONSOR’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO PARTICIPANT ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) YOUR ACTUAL LOSS; OR (B) $1,000. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
16. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in New York or an appropriate New York State Court. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
18. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2StndeB. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.