Using the Temp Probe on Your Electric Wall Oven (NV51K7770S & NV51K6650S)
The temp probe lets you cook meat to the exact internal temperature you want, taking the guess work out of determining whether a piece of meat is done or not. You can use the temperature probe with the oven set to Bake, Convection Bake, or Convection Roast. When you use the temperature probe, the internal temperature is shown on the display when it reaches 100°F.
How to use the Temp Probe
• The temp probe is hot enough to cause burns.
• To avoid breaking the probe’s tip, defrost your food completely.
• Do not leave the probe in the oven during the Self-Cleaning or Broiling cycle.
• Do not use tongs when inserting or removing the probe.
• Do not use the temp probe for any other purpose than cooking.
- For an accurate measurement, insert the tip of the temp probe into the meat as much as possible, so that the tip is at the center of the meat.
- Insert the temp probe plug into the socket located on upper left side of the wall.
- To set the cooking operation, turn the Mode knob to the desired cooking operation.
- To set the desired internal temperature, touch Temp Probe.
- Swipe to the desired internal temperature. Then, touch SET.
Avaliable temperatures 100°F to 200°F
- If want, you can set the desired Cook Time, Delay Start, and No Preheat. Then, to start the cooking operation, touch START.
- When the desired internal temperature is reached, the function automatically stops and an alarm sounds.
- For bone-in meats, insert the probe into the center of the lowest and thickest portion of the piece.
- Insert the probe into the thickest part of the inner thigh, parallel to the leg for whole poultry such as turkey, large chicken, etc..
- When you insert the temperature probe, make sure it does not contact bone, fat, or gristle.
- If you activate Keep Warm after cooking is complete using the temperature probe, the meat’s internal temperature will exceed your initial settings.
- If you remove the temperature probe while cooking is in process, the oven shuts off in 60 seconds.
- The temperature probe may not function properly if inserted into frozen food. (The temperature probe icon does not appear.)
If you have covered the meat with aluminum foil and you let it stand covered for 10 minutes after cooking is complete, the internal temperature increases by 5-10 °F degrees.
|Type of Food||Internal temperature|
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.