Use the temperature probe in your Samsung oven
For many foods, measuring the internal temperature is the most accurate method of determining if the food is properly cooked. Your oven comes with a temperature probe which tells you when your meat has reached the exact internal temperature you want. This function can be used with Bake, Convection Bake, and Convection Roast.
Using the temperature probe
Note: Only models that came with a temperature probe included support this feature. If you're not sure, refer to your user manual.
Using the temperature probe is easy, especially since no preheating is necessary! Follow these steps for tasty and delicious meat:
Push the tip of the temperature probe into the meat. Try to get the tip in the center of the meat.
Put the meat in the oven (make sure it's in an oven safe pan or dish).
Insert the temperature probe plug into the socket on the top side wall of the oven. Make sure it's fully inserted.
Select the desired cooking function and cooking temperature.
You can set the Cook Time or Delay Start time.
Touch START/SET to start cooking.
When the set internal temperature is reached, the oven will beep.
Note: After cooking, the temperature probe is hot enough to cause burns.
Note: If you cover the meat with aluminum foil and let it stand for 10 minutes, the internal temperature will rise 5-10 degrees.
Temperature probe tips
- Make sure the temperature probe does not touch any bone, fat, or gristle.
- If you do not fully insert the probe into the meat, the Temp. Probe function may not work correctly.
- For bone-in meats, insert the probe into the center of the lowest and thickest portion of the meat.
- For whole poultry, insert the probe into the thickest part of the inner thigh, parallel to the leg.
- Make sure the probe's tip does not protrude from the meat.
- Do not store the probe in the oven.
- Do not leave the probe inside the oven during a self-clean or broiling cycle. You can permanently damage the probe.
- To avoid breaking the probe tip, completely defrost your food.
- Do not use tongs to insert or remove the probe.