Use the temperature probe in your oven
For many foods, measuring the internal temperature is the most accurate method of determining if the food is properly cooked. Your Oven comes with a temperature probe which tells you when your meat has reached the exact internal temperature you want. This function can be used with Bake, Convection Bake, and Convection Roast.
Using the temperature probe
Push the tip of the temperature probe into the meat. Try to get the tip in the center of the meat.
Insert the temperature probe plug into the socket on the top side wall of the oven. Make sure it's fully inserted.
Select the desired cooking function and cooking temperature.
Touch Temp. Probe, and then use the number pad to input the desired internal temperature.
Note: The available temperature range is from 100 degrees Farenheit to 200 degrees Farenheit. For more information, review the chart below.
You can set the Cook Time or Delay Start time.
Touch START/SET to start cooking.
When the set internal temperature is reached, the oven will beep.
Note: After cooking, the temperature probe is hot enough to cause burns.
Note: If you cover the meat with aluminum foil and let it stand for 10 minutes, the internal temperature will rise 5-10 degrees.
Temperature probe tips
- Make sure the temperature probe does not touch any bone, fat, or gristle.
- If you do not fully insert the probe into the meat, the Temp. Probe function may not work correctly.
- For bone-in meats, insert the probe into the center of the lowest and thickest portion of the meat.
- For whole poultry, insert the probe into the thickest part of the inner thigh, parallel to the leg.
- Make sure the probe's tip does not protrude from the meat.
- Do not store the probe in the oven.
- Do not leave the probe inside the oven during a self-clean or broiling cycle. You can permanently damage the probe.
- To avoid breaking the probe tip, completely defrost your food.
- Do not use tongs to insert or remove the probe.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
or text SMSCARE to 62913 for 24/7 live support
Schedule in-home, walk-in, or mail-in service with our easy service diagnosis and scheduling tool
Help with your Order
Your order, returns, refunds and trade-in questions answered
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*
Text Us tap here to text SMSCARE to 62913 for 24/7 live support
Message Us start an online chat with Samsung start an online chat with Samsung
1-800-SAMSUNG 8 AM - 12 AM EST 7 days a week IT/ Computing - 8 AM to 9 PM EST Mon to Fri Request a call
Call Us Request a call
Give us a call 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864)
Mobile Support 8 AM - 12 AM EST 7 days a week
Home Electronics & Appliance Support 8 AM - 12 AM EST M-F 9 AM - 6 PM EST Sat, Closed Sunday
IT/Computing Support 8 AM - 9 PM EST, Mon - Fri Closed Sat-Sun
Order Support Order Help