Connecting My Samsung Gear S3 to a Samsung Mobile Device (SM-R760, SM-R765, SM-R770)
Before using your Gear S3, you will need to connect it to a mobile device using the Samsung Gear app.
On your mobile device, download the Samsung Gear app from Google Play store or Galaxy Apps. The app must be installed on your mobile device before you can begin the connection process.
The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Connect to Your Device
Both your Gear S3 and mobile device must be turned on prior to connecting, and your Gear S3 must be in pairing mode. Refer to the section below for pairing mode instructions.
- From the Home screen of your mobile device, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Gear.
The Samsung Gear app may be located in the Samsung folder by default on some devices.
- Touch CONNECT TO GEAR.
- Touch OK to confirm the Bluetooth pairing request.
- On your Gear S3, confirm the passkey matches the one on your mobile device. Touch the check mark to confirm.
- Review the End User License Agreement, and mark the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions. Mark the Agree to all checkbox to agree to the additional terms. Touch NEXT to continue.
- Touch the sliders to choose when notifications will display on your Gear S3 and which apps can send notifications. You can also change these settings from Gear Manager on your mobile device. Touch NEXT to continue.
- Your Gear S3 is now connected and ready for use.
Pair with a New Mobile Device
Pairing with a different mobile device requires you to perform a light reset of your Gear S3. Follow the steps below to perform the reset and connect to a different mobile device.
The light reset will not delete your personal data or media files, but will delete any apps you have downloaded.
- From the Watch screen, press the Home key.
- Touch Settings.
- Rotate the bezel and touch Connect to new phone.
- Review the information and touch the check mark to confirm the reset.
- Touch the checkmark to confirm the reset, which will delete all downloaded apps but will not delete your personal data or media files.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for connecting to the new device.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.