Updating the Firmware on Your QLED TV
Samsung's 2017 QLED TVs can be updated to the latest Firmware over the Internet or using a USB thumb drive. To update the Firmware, follow the steps below.
DO NOT turn off the TV until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing a software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their default settings after a software update.
Update Over the Internet
1. Press the Home button on your remote.
2. Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update.
3. Select Update Now.
4. Any new updates will be downloaded and installed. If there are no new updates available, select OK.
Update Using USB
The latest firmware can be downloaded from the download center. Just select your product to get the firmware file.
You must have the Firmware File extracted onto your USB Thumb Drive before proceeding with the steps below.
1. Plug in the USB thumb drive containing the firmware upgrade into a USB port on the One Connect.
2. Press the Home button on the remote.
3. Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update.
4. Select Update Now.
5. To search the connected USB thumb drive for update files, select Yes.
6. To install the firmware update, follow the on-screen instructions.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.