What can I do when the Samsung washing machine suddenly stops during operation?
Sometimes your washing machine might stop during operation. In most cases, it is not a product malfunction. Please read the following instructions.
Possible reasons for the machine to stop operating
For your safety, the washing machine will not tumble or spin unless the door is closed. Please read the instructions below for finding solutions.
Basic things to check
- Close the door and press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
- If the washing machine is not supplied with sufficient power, the washing machine will not drain or spin temporarily. (As soon as the washing machine regains power, it will operate normally.)
- The appliance may appear temporarily stopped during a dry cycle, e.g. wool course or a soak period.
- Check if a coin or some other foreign substance is stuck in the debris filter (Frontloader only).
Other possible reasons
- Check if the information code appears on the control panel display.
- Make sure that the debris filter is not clogged. (Font loader only)
- Make sure that the drain hose is straightened all the way to the drain system.
- Make sure that the drain hose is straightened all the way to the drain system as well as not clogged or frozen.
- The actual design of the control panel may differ from your model.
- This image is just a sample in English, but it is also available in the language of your country.
Too many bubbles due to excessive detergent.
- Add a Rinse cycle to get rid of the bubbles.
- Use a small (proper) amount of detergent.
- Check that the drain hose is not kinked or frozen and not clogged with foreign matter.
- Clean the debris filter, as it may be clogged.
- Spinning does not work.
- If you wash only one item, such as a bathrobe or a pair of jeans, the final spin result may be unsatisfactory, and the Ub/UE information code might appear on the display.
- When this code appears, pause the appliance, move the load around that is tilted to one side in the barrel in order to balance it out.
- In case the load is too small, add one or two towels to the drum and start the Rinse/Spin cycle.
It is advisable to clean the debris filter 5 or 6 times a year to prevent it from clogging.
Step 1. Remove the cover on the bottom right side of the machine.
Step 2. Detach the debris cab and drain the water.
Step 3. Check if there is any foreign matter inside of the debris cab and clean it.
- You can open the debris filter access cover by inserting a coin or a key into the slot above the access panel and then gently prying it open.
- Before opening the cover, place a towel or basket under it to prevent water damage to the floor.
Check to see if the drain hose is kinked
- You should check the installation environment of the drain hose according to the manual of the washing machine that you use.
- The drain hose installation height may differ depending on the product used.
- If the height of the drain hose is not installed as recommended in the manual, drainage may not be possible due to the siphon phenomenon and, therefore, the reverse flow may occur.
- Make sure the drain hose is not kinked or clogged.
Check to see if the drain hose is clogged
- In the winter, the remaining water in the drain hose may freeze and not drain (clogged).
- If the drain hose is frozen, pour hot water into the washing machine and drain the water. The hot water will melt the ice in the drain hose (Try multiple times to melt the ice, if necessary.)
- On the other hand, it is necessary to check if there is any blockage in the middle of the drain hose.
Note: To book a service visit, please call our contact center to get help about the issue. Our helpful agents will be there to help you.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.