Prevent Leakage from the Refrigerator Water Filter
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Most Samsung fridges now come with a handy water dispenser. With that water dispenser though also comes a water filter to maintain great quality drinking water. If the water filter hasn't been installed properly or your fridge isn't levelled, you may find that your water filter will leak. Below are instructions for checking the water filter for leaks.
Firstly, there are some tips to run through so that you only have to install your water filter once and not worry about any water leaking issues.
- Only use Samsung or approved water filters.
- Do not block the air vents.
- When removing the water filter, ensure to pull the filter straight out while removing to prevent any damage.
Note: If there is leakage due to the water line, contact the installer of the water line. Samsung takes NO responsibility for the water line installation.
Checking the water filter for leaks
● If it is at the upper right side of your refrigerator, remove the upper glass shelf from the refrigerator so you can get to the filter easily.
● If it is behind the vegetable bin, remove the vegetable bin.
● If it is located behind the fridge then pull the fridge out and reach the back of the fridge.
Please be advised that, any time the water filter is replaced flush at least two litres of water before drinking or using the water dispenser.