What is an IP rating and how do I properly care for my Mobile device?
Maintaining Water and Dust Protection - IP68
This information is relevant to Samsung mobile and wearable products that are marked as having an ‘IP68’ rating.
What is an IP rating and what does it mean for my Samsung device?
An IP (Ingress Protection) rating is an international standard that shows you the level of dust and water resistance of your Samsung device. The Samsung devices listed above have been certified to an IP68 rating. They are built to help you do more, in more places. With an IP68 rating, they are water resistant in fresh water to a maximum depth of 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes, and are protected from dust - all without the need for extra cases or covers. Now there’s less to worry about. You can enjoy freedom to explore, stay connected, and capture the adventure.
There are some devices that have an IP67 rating like the Galaxy S5. These devices are only water resistant up to 1 metre for 30 minutes only.
How do I properly care for and use my Samsung device?
Samsung devices may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. For devices with an IP68 rating, follow these tips to prevent damage to your device and to help maintain the water and dust resistant performance:
- Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1.5 metres and do not keep it submerged in water less than 1.5 metres deep for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, ocean waves, or waterfalls.If the device is exposed to freshwater, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
- If the device is exposed to any liquid other than freshwater, gently rinse it with still fresh water immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean soft cloth. Failure to gently rinse it in still fresh water and dry it as instructed may cause it to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.
- If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust- resistant features may be damaged.
- The touch screen and other features may not work properly while the device is in water.
The Samsung devices listed above have been tested in a controlled environment and certified to be protected against water and dust ingress in specific situations (meets requirements of Classification IP68 as descried by the International Standard IEC 60529 – Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures [IP Code]; test conditions: 15-35oC, 86 – 106kPa, 1.5 metres, 30 minutes).
Thank you for your feedback!
Did not find what you're looking for? We're here to help.
8am-10pm / 7 days a week.
Book a Mobile Product Service Request via Australia Post
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
We endeavour to respond within 24 hours.
1300 362 603
8am-8pm / 7 days a week
For general enquires and technical support relating to all Samsung products : CLICK HERE
For all Printer related inquiries, please click here
or visit https://www.support.hp.com
Please click here
to view the latest news regarding the Samsung sale of Printer business to HP.
Search for the nearest Samsung Service Centre's in your area.