How To Fix A Camera In PTP Mode
If your camera is unable to take photos because it is stuck in PTP mode ("PTP mode" displays on the screen), follow the steps below to exit PTP and return to normal mode.
Returning to Normal Mode
1. Power the camera off.
2. Simultaneously press the shutter button (the button used to take a photo), the left zoom (over toward the minus sign), and the MENU button. While still pressing these three buttons, press the power button and power the camera on.
3. Once camera comes on, release all buttons, then press and release the MENU button.
4. Press the flash button, which turns the PTP mode off.
5. Power camera off and back on. Now it is out of PTP mode and ready to take photos again.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .