Samsung Dishwasher - Appliance is noisy
While we try to make our dishwashers as quiet as possible, they cannot operate in complete silence. Loud or unusual noises indicate that action is needed, however. Since dishwasher noises tend to be random and intermittent, we recommend to record the noise in case service is needed. However, this guide will cover the steps that may help you avoid service.
The provided information refers to dishwashers sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for appliances sold in other countries.
Loud humming, buzzing or grinding noises imply that something is caught in the drain pump's impeller below the filter.
- If your model allows for it, inspect and clean out the filter and drain pump opening under the filter. Some of the debris in the drain pump or filter may be sharp (glass, bone, plastics, etc). Please use caution to avoid injury. However, if your filter and drain pump opening are not accessible, but the grinding/buzzing is loud and happens every cycle, please visit the Support Center to request service.
- Check the water supply. Make sure it is connected to the dishwasher and the home's water supply is turned on. Verify it meets all requirements listed in the dishwasher water supply requirements guide.
- Make sure the dishwasher cabinet insulation (fabric on the outside of the dishwasher) is in good condition. It is there to dampen sound and hold in heat.
Tapping and knocking sounds are related to dishes not being loaded properly or a loose filter.
- WaterWall models have a removable fine filter system that, if not secured, will bounce around inside of the dishwasher making tapping sounds.
- Inspect the door to determine what part of it is making the squeaking sound. If it is coming from the hinge, try lubricating it with a food safe lubricant (but do not use WD-40 on your dishwasher).
Thank you for your feedback!