Galaxy Buds do not turn on or charge
If one or both of your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Live, or Galaxy Buds Pro are not charging or turning on, the issue may be with the earbuds themselves or the charging case. Using a non-Samsung approved charger may cause charging malfunctions; it is also possible that the earbuds may be damaged. You can try fully charging the case, checking the earbuds for damage, or restarting the earbuds.
Note: Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for earbuds sold in other countries.
Note: Damaged products are not covered under warranty. You will need to replace the earbuds, if the earbuds or case are damaged. Visit Samsung.com to purchase a new pair of earbuds.
- Inspect the earbuds and charging case for damage
Inspect for a cracked or lifted case, and broken, bent, or loose parts. If you see obvious damage, cracks, or small chips on the earbuds, this means that the earbuds have suffered from an external impact. This can impair the earbuds and their functions.
The earbuds are not impervious to water damage in any situation. Exposure to water, liquids, or chemicals can cause damage or issues with the earbuds.
Note: Ensure the earbuds have been completely charged before use.
- Inspect the touchpads and sensor
If the earbud touchpads are unresponsive, insert them into the charging case and remove them after at least 7 seconds.
The earbud sensors should make contact with your ears when inserted. Make sure the sensors are clean and free of dust or earwax.
If the earbuds are not being detected when worn, remove the earbuds and then reinsert them.
- Restart the connected device
To restart the connected device, use the Power key. If the device has a power cord, disconnect the power cord. After it has completely shut down, power the device back on or reconnect the power cord.
- Restart your earbuds
Insert the earbud(s) into the corresponding slots in the charging case, and then remove the earbud(s) after 7 seconds or longer. If the battery indicator for the earbuds or case does not flash when restarting the earbuds, charge both earbuds.
After restarting the earbuds, insert them into your ears. If the earbuds do not turn on or make a sound when you insert them, adjust the Galaxy Buds to make sure they are detected.
- Reconnect your devices
Once the devices are powered on, they will automatically reconnect after a few moments. To manually check the connection, navigate to the device's Bluetooth settings, or open the Galaxy Wearable app if you are using a phone or tablet.
Note: If the Galaxy Buds are connected to multiple devices, it may be necessary to switch connections between the paired devices.
- Request service
If the Galaxy Buds are charged and you continue to experience issues with the earbuds after troubleshooting, service is required. Please visit the Support Centre to request service.
Note: If the charging case or earbud(s) is damaged, you must purchase a new pair of earbuds. You can also purchase a new USB cable or wall adapter if the items are damaged.
- Before using the earbuds for the first time, or if they have not been used for an extended period of time, you should charge your Galaxy Buds fully. The earbuds will power on when they are charging. Or, you could charge them for at least 10 minutes prior to use.
- When charging, be sure to use the included USB cable and a Samsung-approved wall adapter (sold separately). Alternatively, the earbuds are compatible with select Samsung QI-compatible wireless charging pads or phones using PowerShare.
- Keep in mind, the earbuds may not charge or properly charge if the earbud tips or wingtips are not attached correctly.
- The visualisation of the flashing red light indicates if the earbuds or the charging case are not charging correctly. The light on the outside case indicates an issue with the case charging, the light under the lid indicates an issue with the earbuds charging. If external power is cut off, the red light on the outside of the case will flash. If the indicator lights are not functioning, try disconnecting and then reconnecting the charger from the case. Then, charge the case for at least 10 minutes.
- Inspect the charger and case for damage if the earbuds or case are still not charging. Damaged earbuds will not charge. However, if one earbud is damaged, the other earbud will continue to charge.
- If the charging case or the earbud(s) will not charge after troubleshooting, and the earbuds, charger, or wall adapter are not damaged, service is required. Please visit the Support Centre to request service.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.
The coding for Contact US > Call > View more function. And this text is only displayed on the editor page, please do not delet this component from Support Home. Thank you