Make calls and send messages from your Windows 10 PC with Link to Windows and your Galaxy phone
If you are working on your Windows 10 PC and hear a call or text notification, there is no need to reach for your phone. With the Link to Windows feature, you can answer calls or messages directly on your computer! All you have to do is connect your Galaxy phone to your computer using Link to Windows and the My Phone app.
Note: Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Note: You can only make or receive calls via Bluetooth.
Once you have set up Link to Windows, you can send and receive calls and text messages (SMS and MMS) right from your Windows 10 PC.
Open the Your Phone app on your computer. Select Calls in the Your Phone app to see your recent calls list. You can look through your contacts by searching for numbers or names in the Search bar and make new calls using the number pad.
If you would rather send someone a message, select Messages and then select + New message. Use the keyboard to start typing and embellish your text with emojis, gifs, and images.
Note: To enable calls in the Your Phone app, you will need the Windows 10 May 2019 update or later installed on your PC. You can confirm this update by navigating to Settings on your PC, and then selecting System. Select About and then check your version number and the installation date under Windows specifications. To check and update your Windows version, navigate to Settings on your PC and then select Update & Security. Select Check for update.
There are a few things to keep in mind when making calls with Link to Windows. For example, you will not be able to manage or delete calls using the Your Phone app.
- Only calls that have been made or received within the last 90 days will be shown.
- You cannot manage or delete recent calls from your PC.
- You can mute a call by using the Mute option on your phone or PC. However, if you start a call on your PC and then transfer it to your phone, you must mute the call on your phone. In this case, you cannot use your PC to mute the call.
- When you are receiving a call on your phone, a notification will appear in the Your Phone app.
- The Your Phone app does not support special symbols such as “*” or “#” during calls. You cannot use the app to search for contacts alphabetically.
There are some things to be aware of when sending messages with the Your Phone app, such as the amount of messages that can be stored in the app.
- Messages that have been deleted on your phone will appear in the Your Phone app. However, you cannot delete your messages using your PC.
- Only the first 1,000 messages or 30 days' worth of messages (whichever is reached first) will be displayed.
- The Your Phone app does not support Rich Communication Services (RCS). The app will show a notification when you are using RCS messages.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.
The coding for Contact US > Call > View more function. And this text is only displayed on the editor page, please do not delet this component from Support Home. Thank you