Link your Galaxy phone to Windows 10 for seamless connectivity
It seems like everything is connected nowadays. So, why not your Galaxy phone (S10 or Note10 series) and Windows 10 PC too? With the Link to Windows feature, it’s possible. When you connect your Galaxy phone (S10 or Note10 series) to your PC using this app, you’ll be able to sync messages, notifications, photos, and more between the two devices.
The following instructions apply to S10 and Note10 series only. Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, and phone model.
To make linking your phone and PC as easy as possible, there are a couple things you need to do before you start:
- Make sure your PC has a Microsoft account added. On your PC, click the Search bar (at the bottom left corner of the screen), and then search for and click on Your Email & app accounts settings. Click on Add a Microsoft account, and follow the prompts to complete the setup.
- Finally, verify that the Link to Windows app installed on your phone is up to date. From Settings, search and select Link to Windows. If Update is displayed, tap on Update, and follow the prompts to complete the update process. If the app is already up to date, you will be welcomed by a "Sign in with Microsoft" screen.
Tired of sending emails with a ridiculous number of images attached? If you link your phone and PC, you’ll be able to easily sync pictures and much more to your computer without the hassle.
Remember, make sure you have a Microsoft account added to your PC. Once that’s set up, open the quick settings panel on your phone by swiping down from the top of the screen. Tap Link to Windows, and then tap Sign in with Microsoft. Log into the same Microsoft account that’s on your computer. Tap Continue and allow the different permissions.
Next, open the Your Phone app on your PC. If you haven’t set up the app yet, tap Show me on your phone for a tutorial and follow the on-screen prompts. Or, if the app is already set up, tap My PC is ready. A notification will appear on your phone, asking to connect your PC; tap Allow to finish the setup.
Once they’re linked, your phone and PC will share data with one another. You’ll be able to easily access your texts, photos, and more.
Here are all of the available features when your phone and PC are linked:
- Messaging: Send and receive text messages (SMS and MMS) on your Windows 10 PC using your phone number. On your PC, click on Messages in the Your Phone app to see your recent messages.
- Notifications: Sync to your phone’s notification to your Windows 10, so you won’t miss any important reminders.
- Gallery: Sync the 25 most recent pictures or videos in Gallery to your PC and easily save them. Just click on Photos in the Your Phone app. If they aren’t showing up, click Refresh and wait a couple seconds.
- Screen Mirroring: Mirror and control your phone’s screen on your desktop. A Bluetooth is connection required.
Thank you for your feedback!