How do I insert a microSD card into my Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960W) or remove it?
Galaxy S9 lets you use a microSD, microSDHC, or a microSDXC card to expand memory space (up to 400 GB). This secure digital card lets you exchange pictures, music, and data with microSD compatible devices.
Important: The ejector tool comes with your phone.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Insert the MicroSD Card
Remove the MicroSD Card
Important: You must unmount the microSD card before removing it.
Note: Be careful not to insert the ejector tool into the microphone hole also on top of your phone.
SD Card Recommendations
Note: Most people aren't aware that there are multiple classes of microSD cards. We all know the storage capacity varies, but that's not the only thing that makes them different. They also have other features that give them distinct classifications.
MicroSD Card Classes:
• Standard microSD cards have capacity up to 2GB.
• MicroSDHC (High Capacity) cards offer capacity up to 32GB.
• MicroSDXC (extended Capacity) cards have capacity from over 32GB and up to 2TB.
• Each type of card has a speed rating of 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10, from slowest to fastest.
• While you can use any class of microSD cards in your phone, the microSDXC card is recommended for high-resolution video recording, due to its large storage capacity and high-speed read and write capability.
Note: For less demanding use, such as still photography, regular microSD or microSDHC cards will be sufficient.
What can I do if I lost the ejector tool?
If you lost the ejector tool, don’t panic! It is easy to replace it with a very common object: a paper clip. Unfold one of the end of the paperclip (as shown above) and use it as an ejector tool. As you can see, it is a very simple DIY!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .