960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD
3,500MB/s Seq. Read
2,100MB/s Seq. Write
The smart choice in NVMe SSDsDiscover the next advancement in Samsung SSD technology with our high-performance, highly reliable 960 EVO Series NVMe M.2 SSDs. Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) with a new Polaris controller outperforms our SATA SSDs with exceptionally fast read/write speeds, and Samsung TurboWrite technology which helps accelerate write speeds even further. Samsung's Magician software solution is designed to provide advanced functionality to manage, monitor and optimise drive performance.
Designed to raise your performance expectationsThe Samsung SSD 960 EVO offers storage for smart consumers who want an experience beyond what the Samsung SATA interface can provide. An enhanced bandwidth, provided by the NVMe interface, combined with the new Polaris controller, helps to facilitate sequential R/W speeds up to 3,200/1,900 MB/s and random R/W speeds up to 380/360K IOPS, respectively. Plus, the new Intelligent TurboWrite technology is designed to accelerate write speeds even further*.
*Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark 5.0.2/IOmeter 1.1.0 and random performance measurements based on IOmeter 1.1.0.Performance may vary based on the SSD`s firmware version,system hardware and configuration.Test system configuration: Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU@4.0 GHz,DDR4 1700MHz 16GB,OS-Window 10 Pro x64,Chipset-ASROCK Z170 EXTREME 7.
Sequential write performance measurements based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology.The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s(250GB),600 MB/s(500GB) and 1200 MB/s(1TB). Sequential read up to 3,300 MB/s,Sequential write up to 1,900 MB/s, nvme.
Rest easy with solid reliabilityGreat performance is not measured by speed alone. How long the performance can be sustained is also important. The 960 EVO holds its own by boasting up to 400 TBW* for the 1TB model. Dynamic Thermal Guard helps prevent overheating, designed to protect the data and ensure optimal responsiveness. It's all backed by a 3-year limited warranty**.
*TBW : Terabytes Written ** See http://www.samsung.com/au/support/warranty/ for further details.
Manage your drive like magicThe Samsung SSD 960 EVO comes with the newly upgraded Magician—an advanced software solution helping users to monitor, manage and maintain the drive. Magician is designed to provide personalised firmware checking and additional functions tailored for individual user's drives. It even updates the firmware automatically to make sure that the drive's performance stays up to date.
Application Client PCs
Interface PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2
Dimension (WxHxD) Max. 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
Weight Max 8 g
Sequential Read Up to 3,200 MB/sec *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Sequential Write Up to 1,900 MB/sec *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Application Client PCs
- Rated Capacity 1,000 GB (1 GB = 1 Billionbyte by IDEMA) *Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor M.2
- Interface PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2
- Dimension (WxHxD) Max. 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- Weight Max 8 g
- NAND Type Samsung V-NAND
- Controller Samsung Polaris controller
- Cache Memory Samsung 1 GB Low Power DDR3
- TRIM Support TRIM Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support S.M.A.R.T Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support AES 256-bit for User Data Encryption, TCG Opal
- Device Sleep Mode Support 5 mW (L1.2)
- Sequential Read Up to 3,200 MB/sec *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Up to 1,900 MB/sec *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32) Up to 380,000 IOPS (Thread 4) *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) Up to 360,000 IOPS (Thread 4) *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1) Up to 14,000 IOPS (Thread 1) *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1) Up to 50,000 IOPS (Thread 1) *Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Power Consumption *Average: Typ. 5.7 Watts, Idle : 40 mW *Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Reliability (MTBF) 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 70°C (Measured by SMART Temperature. Proper airflow recommended)
- Shock 1,500 G , duration 0.5m sec, 3 axis
- Management SW Magician Software for SSD management
- Not Available
- 3 Year Limited Warranty or 400TBW Limited Warranty
Find answers to your questions about the product
Compare the models
Compare with similar items