Learn about proper battery use and care to ensure
their safety and efficiency.
The optimal usage temperature for the Galaxy is 0°- 35°C.
Continuous use or charging in extreme temperatures may accelerate battery deterioration.
Temporary exposure to extreme temperatures will activate the device’s safeguards to minimise the battery performance issues, and charging will be limited to protect the battery if the temperature goes outside of a certain range.
Use the device at an optimal usage temperature (0°- 35°C)
· Extended use or storage at temperatures above 35°C or below 0°C will exacerbate battery performance and may lead to unexpected shutdowns and shorter battery life.
· If you expose your device to temperature extremes, let the device adjust to the optimal usage temperature (0°- 35°C) before use.
· Do not use or place your device in hot environments, like a hot car on a summer day, for extended periods of time
· Do not place or store your device in cold environments, like below-zero temperatures during wintertime.
If you’re experiencing frequent shutdowns, visit your nearest service Samsung Support Centre for advice
· It may be time for a battery check-up, as batteries are consumables, which naturally wear out over time.
Go to Settings Tips to Extend Battery Life
· Battery capacity and usage hours may vary depending on device settings and usage patterns.
Minimise battery deterioration
with proper charging
Using your device for the first time? Been a while since your last use?
If so, try fully charging your battery before use.
Galaxy Phone charger cable and USB port
Galaxy Watch charger port
Galaxy Buds charger cable and USB port
· Always use an authentic Samsung charging cable and plug to avoid battery deterioration and damage.
· Always use a charger that fits. An incompatible charger could damage the USB port.
· Properly connect the charger. Failure to properly connect may damage the device.
· Unplug the charger after the device has reached a 100% charge to avoid a swollen battery.
If your device is to be unused for an extended
period of time, try the following
· Turn off the device and charge with an authentic Samsung charging cable and plug to prevent depletion.
· Charge the device to approximately 50~70% for long-term storage.
· Charge the device once every 3~6 months.
· Store in a cool, dry environment to preserve battery performance.