Using Samsung Cloud
Whether you're transfering data to your new Galaxy device, wanting to backup your gallery of your latest holiday or restoring data content to your recently repaired Samsung Phone and Tablet all can be easily done wherever and whenever you want through Samsung Cloud. Simply sign into your Samsung Account on your Phone or Tablet and start backing up your data wirelessly. Follow the below guide to learn how to back-up your data via Samsunhg Cloud. If you haven't already created Samsung Account or need help signing into your account on your Samsung device, check out our page How do I create a Samsung account? for more information.
Please Note: As of June 1, 2019, any users who create or recreate a Samsung account will be provided with basic storage of 5GB. To Users who created a Samsung account on or before May 31, 2019, basic storage of 15GB will continue to be provided notwithstanding this change to the Services. Files larger than 1GB can't be backed up to your Samsung Account.
Samsung Cloud will backup the following data;
- Calendar: Events and tasks saved on your phone
- Contacts: Contacts, email addresses and business cards saved on your phone or SIM
- Phone: Call and message history
- Clock: Alarms, world clocks, and timers
- Home screen: Layout, wallpapers, and Samsung DeX settings (your default wallpapers won't be backed up)
- Apps: Installation files and app settings
- Settings: Accessibility settings, ringtones, Samsung Keyboard options, Wi-Fi settings, and Always on Display settings (your default ringtone won't be backed up)
- Messages: Multimedia messages and text messages
- Music: Audio files (MP3, M4A, 3GA, OGG, and WAV files)
- Voice Recorder: Audio recordingsDocuments: DOC, PDF, TXT, and HTML files
Please Note: Data that be backed up wirelessly through your Samsung Account will depend on your Galaxy device and Android OS Version. Content that can be downloaded to your Cloud server will also depend on the Cloud storage availability.
Samsung Cloud Drive is a storage space dedicated to keeping your files just where you need them - anywhere you are. You can send files from any Samsung device that is logged into your Samsung account, and access them on any other PC or device by logging into your account at http://support.samsungcloud.com.
Please Note: At this point in time, it is not possible to upload files from a PC. We're looking forward to added functionality to Samsung Cloud Drive in the near future!
Long press the file to select it, then tap Share