Samsung Front Load Washer - Remove and clean the detergent drawer
Cleaning the detergent drawer
The Detergent Drawer (aka Dispenser) should be cleaned to prevent detergent, bleach, and softner build up. If or when build up occurs, cleaning performance, odor, and leakage issues will occur.
Removing and cleaning the detergent drawer
Important: All parts of the detergent drawer can be washed in a dishwasher on the top rack. Do not dry in the dishwasher, as the heating process can damage the plastic.
To remove and clean the detergent drawer, follow the steps below:
1. Press and hold the button on the inside of the dispenser while pulling out and lifting up on the drawer.
Note: Design may vary but the same logic applies.
2. Remove the liquid detergent insert and its siphon cap. Also remove the fabric softener and bleach compartments.
3. Wash all the parts under running water.
4. Clean the dispenser recesses with a soft brush.
5. Re-insert the siphon cap and push firmly into place.
6. Re-install the detergent draw.
7. Add a cup of chlorine bleach to the liquid bleach dispenser.
8. Run a rinse and spin cycle with no load in the washer.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .