French Door Refrigerator with FlexZone (RF23M8090SR) - Normal Operating Sounds
Sometimes a refrigerator just needs to let loose and make some noise. Use the guide below to hear what all the fuss is about.
The provided information refers to refrigerators sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
- When the refrigerator compressor starts up or shuts off, it may make sounds similar to an ignition from a car engine. Afterward, the sound will decrease.
- While the fan is operating, you may hear sounds like a mosquito flying around. The fan will stop when the refrigerator reaches the set temperature.
- Water may drip on the defrost heater during a defrost cycle, causing sizzling sounds.
- Refrigerant gas travels through sealed pipes as the refrigerator cools or freezes, causing bubbling sounds.
- The plastic parts of the refrigerator contract and expand as the temperature of the refrigerator rises and falls, causing cracking noises. These noises occur during the defrosting cycle or when the electronic parts are in use.
- When the water valve opens to fill up the ice maker, buzzing sounds may occur.
- When you open and close the refrigerator door, the air pressure equalizing may cause whooshing sounds.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Service & Support: Available 24/7
Online Shopping: Mon-Sun: 8 AM – Midnight (EST)
For service & support enquiries
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Effective May 4th, 2020 our Call Centre hours are:
Mon-Sun: 9 AM – 9 PM (EST)
Mon - Sun : 9 AM -6 PM (EST)
Send us an email
For all Online Shopping Inquires
Mon-Fri: 9 AM -6 PM (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.