SmartThings - Adjust Settings
SmartThings has tons of awesome features, including some you might not even know about - like downloading device controllers automatically or displaying the SmartThings panel in Quick Settings for easy access. So, let us introduce you to all of them, in case you missed some. Read on to learn about features and settings in SmartThings.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
To access the SmartThings app's settings, touch the More Options icon on the Dashboard. Then, touch Settings. From here, you can turn different SmartThings settings on or off.
Here's what you can do:
• Accept invitation (QR code): Accept an invitation to view and control devices in a location by scanning a QR code.
• SmartThings panel: Show the SmartThings panel on the Notification panel for quick access.
• Use location information: Use the phone’s location information to determine your location for automations.
• Cloud control: Monitor and control cloud-connected devices over the internet. Using mobile data to monitor and control these devices may result in additional charges.
• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth auto on: Automatically turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when you open the SmartThings app, so it can discover devices.
• Allow phone presence detection: Allow other devices to find your phone using Bluetooth Low Energy scanning.
• Update Wi-Fi information: Update the Wi-Fi information on your devices if you change your Wi-Fi network’s name or password.
• Samsung account: Access and manage your Samsung account.
• Connected services: Manage accounts for services linked to SmartThings.
• Personal data: Manage personal data collected by Samsung related to SmartThings.
• Auto update device controller: Download and install updates for device controllers automatically.
• About SmartThings: Check the software version and perform updates when they're available.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Service & Support: Available 24/7
Online Shopping: Mon-Sun: 8 AM – Midnight (EST)
For service & support enquiries
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Effective May 4th, 2020 our Call Centre hours are:
Mon-Sun: 9 AM – 9 PM (EST)
Mon - Sun : 9 AM -6 PM (EST)
Send us an email
For all Online Shopping Inquires
Mon-Fri: 9 AM -6 PM (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.