Galaxy A5 - Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (SM-A500W)
Wi-Fi is a wireless connectivity feature that lets you connect Wi-Fi enabled devices to share information or to connect to the internet.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turning Wi-Fi On and Off
Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
Manually Add Your New Network Connection
Wi-Fi Status Indicator
The following icon shows your Wi-Fi connection status at a glance:
Displays when Wi-Fi is connected, active, and communicating with a Wireless Access Point (WAP).
Wi-Fi Advanced Settings
• Network notifications: Receive a notification when new Wireless Access Points (WAPs) are available.
• Sort by: Sort Wi-Fi networks by Alphabet or Signal strength.
• Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
• Always allow scanning: Allow Google location service and other apps to scan for networks, even when Wi-Fi is turned off.
• Install certificates: Install authentication certificates.
• Wi-Fi timer: Automatically connect to or disconnect from Wi-Fi networks.
• MAC address: View your device's MAC address, which is required when connecting to some secured networks.
• IP address: View your device's IP address (not configurable).
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .