Galaxy A5: How do I use Wi-Fi on my Samsung Galaxy A5?
Wi-Fi is a wireless connectivity feature that lets you connect Wi-Fi enabled devices to share information or to connect to the internet.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turning Wi-Fi On and Off
Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
Manually Add Your New Network Connection
Wi-Fi Status Indicator
The following icon shows your Wi-Fi connection status at a glance:
Displays when Wi-Fi is connected, active, and communicating with a Wireless Access Point (WAP).
Wi-Fi Advanced Settings
• Network notifications: Receive a notification when new Wireless Access Points (WAPs) are available.
• Sort by: Sort Wi-Fi networks by Alphabet or Signal strength.
• Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
• Always allow scanning: Allow Google location service and other apps to scan for networks, even when Wi-Fi is turned off.
• Install certificates: Install authentication certificates.
• Wi-Fi timer: Automatically connect to or disconnect from Wi-Fi networks.
• MAC address: View your device's MAC address, which is required when connecting to some secured networks.
• IP address: View your device's IP address (not configurable).
From the Wi-Fi menu, touch More options for the following options:
• Scan: Start another scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks.
• Wi-Fi Direct: Touch Wi-Fi Direct to turn on the feature and connect to available Wi-Fi Direct devices. Wi-Fi Direct enables Wi-Fi devices to connect to each other directly (or to a group of several devices), allowing you to quickly and easily share content.
• Advanced: Cutomize Wi-Fi settings.
• WPS push button: Set up a connection to a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) router or other equipment.
• WPS PIN entry: View the PIN used by your device to set up a PIN-secured connection to a Wi-Fi router or other equipment (not configurable).
Note: To use WPS, your product must support WPS and be compatible with WPA security.
• Share Wi-Fi profile: Share Wi-Fi profiles you have created with others.
• Help: Learn about setting up and using Wi-Fi networks, and other settings.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .