Galaxy A5: What is the Smart stay feature and how do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy A5?
Smart features enhance the way you interact with your device. Using built-in cameras and sensors, your device can coordinate with your movements for seamless operation.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn On Smart Stay
The Smart stay feature uses the front-facing camera to sense when you are looking at your device so the screen stays on regardless of the screen timeout setting.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Display and wallpaper under the Device tab.
4. Touch Smart stay.
5. Touch OK to turn Smart Stay on.
Turn On Using the Quick Panel
You can also quickly turn Smart stay on or off from the Quick Panel. Using two fingers slightly separated, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, and then touch Smart stay.
Smart stay works best under the following conditions:
• When the device is held steady and upright.
• When the device is in well-lit conditions, but the screen is not in direct light.
• When the front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .