Galaxy Alpha: How do I configure the Power saving mode on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
Power Saving Mode
Choose between Power saving mode and Ultra power saving mode. Each mode shows the remaining percentage of battery charge and how much usage time will be available if you turn on that mode.
Power Saving Mode
Power saving mode limits performance to conserve battery power. Touch Power saving mode, and touch the slider to turn Power saving mode on .
• Block background data: Reduce background data usage to conserve battery power. Some applications will still use the data connection.
• Restrict performance: Touch the slider to turn Restrict performance on . Place a check mark next to the functions you want to turn on to restrict performance.
• CPU performance: Limit the maximum performance of the CPU to conserve battery power.
• Screen output: Use a lower frame rate and power level for your device's screen.
• Turn off touch key light: The Recent Apps and Back buttons on the front of your device will not light up when they are touched or the Home key is pressed.
• Turn off GPS: Disable location services and GPS functions while in Power saving mode.
• Grayscale mode: Convert color screens to battery-friendly grayscale. Touch the slider to turn Grayscale mode on .
Ultra Power Saving Mode
Use Ultra power saving mode to turn your device's screen to black and white and shut off nonessential applications so you get the maximum battery life. That way, when you're down to 10% charge, you can still receive calls and texts for up to 24 hours.*
Touch the slider to turn Ultra power saving mode on . If this is your first time using Ultra power saving mode, review the Terms and conditions, mark the checkbox to agree, and then touch OK. Review the information on the Ultra power saving mode screen and touch Enable.
The Phone, Messages, and Internet applications are automatically available. Touch to make up to three more applications available in Ultra power saving mode.
To adjust network connections, sound, and display settings, touch More options > Settings.
To turn off Ultra power saving mode, touch More options > Turn off Ultra power saving mode. Touch Disable.
*Based on laboratory testing. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, wireless service provider, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data, and other applications' usage patterns.
Power Saving Tips
Your device provides options that help you conserve battery power. By customizing these options and deactivating features in the background, you can use the device longer between charges:
• Close unnecessary applications with the Task manager.
• Turn off the Bluetooth® feature.
• Turn off the Wi-Fi® feature.
• Turn off the GPS service.
• Turn off the mobile data connection.
• Turn off auto-syncing of accounts.
• Turn off Smart stay, Smart Pause™, and Smart rotation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .