Galaxy Alpha: What is the Smart stay feature on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
The Smart stay feature uses the front-facing camera to detect when you are looking at your device so that the screen stays on regardless of the screen timeout setting.
Turning On Smart Stay
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Display .
4. Mark the Smart stay checkbox to turn on the feature.
Smart stay works best when:
1. The device is held steady and upright.
2. The device is in well-lit environment, but the screen is not in direct light.
3. The front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .