Galaxy Alpha - Smart Stay (SM-G850W)
The Smart stay feature uses the front-facing camera to detect when you are looking at your device so that the screen stays on regardless of the screen timeout setting.
Turning On Smart Stay
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Display .
4. Mark the Smart stay checkbox to turn on the feature.
Smart stay works best when:
• The device is held steady and upright.
• The device is in well-lit environment, but the screen is not in direct light.
• The front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .