Galaxy Fold - Customize the keys (SM-F900W)
Whether it's folded or not, the Galaxy Fold's main buttons are located on the right side. There's the Volume key for adjusting the phone's volume. And then there's the Side key, which is a combination of the Power key and Bixby. In addition, the Galaxy Fold has a separate fingerprint reader right below the Power/Bixby key.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
The Galaxy Fold's Side key can be short pressed, long pressed, or double pressed to use different functions. You can also create your own shortcuts or customize the settings to make navigating your Galaxy Fold easier.
Here are the default key functions you can use:
- Bixby Voice: Long press the Side key.
- Screen on or off: Short press the Side key.
- Power on: Long press the Side key while the phone is off.
- Screen capture: Short press the Side key and Volume down key simultaneously.
- Power off menu: Long press the Side key and Volume down key simultaneously while the phone is on.
- Launch Camera: Double press the Side key. If you've already set up Bixby Voice, double pressing may open Bixby Assistant Home instead.
You can also power off your phone with the Quick Settings panel. Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the Power icon in the top corner of the screen, and then tap Power off.
Maybe you’re used to that key just doing one thing, like waking up Bixby. No worries, you can customize the key to make it work for you. From Settings, search for and select Side key, and then tap Side key again. Here you can select your desired settings.
- For "Double press" you can choose between: Turn off phone, Quick launch camera, Open Bixby, or Open app (tap the Settings icon to select an app).
- For "Press and hold" you can choose between: Wake Bixby, or Power off menu (you can also use Quick Settings or Bixby).
If you want quick access to the accessibility features on the phone, you can customize your phone’s Side key, so it opens up certain accessibility settings. Now they’ll be much easier to reach. From Settings, search for and select Advanced settings under Accessibility. Select Side and Volume up keys, and then tap the switch to turn this feature on. Then, tap the switch next to Accessibility settings to add them to this shortcut.
To use this shortcut, press the Side key and Volume up key at the same time, and then tap the accessibility setting you want to use.
If you chose only one accessibility setting, it will activate immediately after pressing the Side key and Volume up key.
You can also customize the Volume up and down keys to open up certain features that you use often. From Settings, search for and select Advanced settings under Accessibility. Tap Volume up and down keys, and then tap Selected service.
By default, you can choose from the following settings: Your Phone Companion, Universal switch, Voice Assistant, or McAfee Security. The selection may be extended depending on the apps installed on your phone.
Thank you for your feedback!