Galaxy Note5: How do I pin applications to the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Note5?
You can pin an application to the screen of your device. This feature locks your device so the person using it has access to only the pinned application. Pinning an application also prevents other applications and features from causing interruptions, and it keeps you from accidentally exiting the application.
To pin an application, follow the steps below to turn on pin windows, and then to pin an application to the screen.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn On Pin Windows
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security under the Personal tab.
4. Scroll to and touch Other security settings.
5. Scroll to and touch Pin windows.
6. Touch the slider to turn Pin windows on .
7. To unpin using a screen lock, touch the slider next to Use screen lock type to unpin to turn it on .
8. Touch the screen lock type you want to use, and follow the on-screen instructions for setting it up.
Pin an Application to the Screen
Note: Calling, messaging, and other functions may not be available while an application is pinned to the screen. Access to other applications will be prevented.
With the Pin windows feature turned on, you can pin an application to your screen.
1. Open the application you want to pin and touch Recent .
2. Touch in the bottom-right corner of the application window.
3. Review the information about pinning applications and touch START.
4. The application will pin to the screen, and your device will display the Application locked on screen message.
Unpin an Application
You can set up a screen lock as described in the Turn On Pin Windows section above to unpin an application, or you can touch and hold Recent and Back on your device simultaneously.
The application will unpin from the screen, and your device will display the Application no longer locked on screen message.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .