Galaxy Note8 - Multitask with Multi Window (SM-N950W)
Whoa, you’ve got a lot of apps open! Multi Window lets you bounce back and forth between apps seamlessly. You can switch between apps, adjust the size of the display on the screen, and copy information from one app to the other. It’s a real timesaver.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Use Multi Window
Note: You are in the middle of watching a video and an important message comes in. Don’t panic; just use Multi Window to send a reply without interrupting the entertainment. Let’s get started.
1. To access Multi window, touch Recents.
2. To launch an app in split screen view, touch Multi window on the title bar.
3. To open another app on a split screen, touch the second app from RECENTS or APP LIST. For this example, touch APP LIST.
4. Touch the second app you want to open in split screen view. For this example, touch Chrome.
5. To open the Multi window controller, touch Window controls. For more information, view the section below.
Imagine being able to jam out to your favorite song while you browse your favorite news site. Now you can with Multi Window! Once you have Multi Window open, here’s how to navigate the controls:
A. Snap window: Snap the selected window to the half of the screen it occupies.
B. Switch windows: Switch locations between Multi window apps.
C. Open in pop-up window: Open the selected app in pop-up window.
D. Close app: Close the selected app.
Exit Multi Window Using Window Controls
To go back to the way things were, follow these steps:
1. To exit Multi window, touch Window controls.
2. Touch Close app.
Exit Multi Window From the Notification Panel
1. To open the Notification Panel, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. To exit Multi window, touch the Close apps icon.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .