Galaxy Note8: How do I use the notification panel on my Samsung Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950W)?
In today’s world, it’s all about staying plugged in. Make sure you never miss a text or call by checking out the notification panel on your Note8. You can view recent messages and access functions on your phone.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Note: There’s a new update for Google Chrome you need to see — check it out on the Notification panel. It’s so easy to access.
1. From the Home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Notifications will be listed under the Quick Settings panel.
• To open a notification, touch it.
• To clear a notification, swipe to the left or right.
• To clear all notifications, touch CLEAR ALL.
3. To close the notification panel, swipe up or touch Back.
Note: Pick and choose where you get your notifications from. Here’s how to set it up:
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Notifications.
4. All of your apps will be listed:
• To allow an app to send notifications, touch the slider. When enabled, the slider will turn blue.
• To deny an app from sending notifications, touch the slider.
• To allow all apps to send notifications, touch the slider next to All apps.
Note: Certain settings on your phone have shortcuts built in. Say the captain’s preparing for take-off and that flight attendant just reprimanded you to turn on Airplane mode. With a few swipes, you’ll be good to go.
1. To access the Quick Settings panel, open the notification panel.
2. To view all available quick settings, swipe down from the top of the screen.
3. To activate or deactivate a quick setting, touch the desired setting.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .