Galaxy S4: How do I Take an Animated Photo?
The Animated photo option lets you capture a scene and create a photo containing moving and static objects. These photos are sometimes referred to as cinemagraphs.
Turn on Animated Photo Mode
1. To turn the animated photo feature on, with the camera application open, touch Mode and then touch the
Animated photo thumbnail.
NOTE: To view all photo modes at once, touch Mode and then touch to switch to a grid view.
2. Aim your device at the scene, and touch the screen to focus on a specific area. When the focal point turns green,
touch the camera shutterbutton. The photo is captured along with up to five seconds of video. You can touch
the stop button anytime or allow the full five seconds to be captured. When the capture is complete, you will
be shown the review screen with the detected animation.
3. To modify the scene, touch Animate to select an area of the photo to animate by swiping your finger over the
desired area. While you are selecting an area for animation, the selected area will be highlighted pink.
4. Touch Freeze to select an area of the photo to turn the animation off.
5. Touch Trim to edit the length of the animation.
6. Touch Direction to select the direction of the animation. You can select Back and forth, Forwards, or
7. When you are satisfied with the scene, touch Save . The photo will be saved as a .GIF file.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .