Galaxy S5 (Lollipop): How can I use my Samsung Galaxy S5 with one hand?
One Handed Operation
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
You have access to a feature that makes it more convenient to operate your device with only one hand.
Using One Handed Operation
Quickly adjust to a smaller screen size and a more compact layout for one-handed operation
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch One-handed operation .
4. Touch the slider to turn One-handed operation on .
5. Turn on the feature at any time by swiping your thumb from the edge of the screen to the middle and back.
6. The display will reduce to a size where you can reach most features with your thumb.
The icons at the top of the screen open a side panel for contacts and applications to which you want quick access (see below for customizing these lists). The icons at the bottom of the screen put the Recent apps, Home, Back, and Volume buttons within easier reach of your thumb.
7. You can resize the screen by touching and dragging in the upper right corner of the window. Touch and hold the top bar to move the smaller window around the screen.
8. Touch to return to the full-screen display.
Set Up Contacts and Applications Sidebar
Touch one of the icons at the top of the screen to access frequently-used contacts or applications.
To choose which contacts or applications to display:
1. Touch at the bottom of the sidebar.
2. Touch a contact photo or application icon and drag it to the sidebar to add it.
3. To remove a contact or application, touch next to the one you want to remove.
4. When you are finished making edits, touch to exit the editing screen.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .