Galaxy S5 Neo: How do I set up a Lock Screen Pattern on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo?
You can change the way that you lock the screen to prevent others from accessing your personal information. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Access Screen Lock Settings
Draw a pattern by connecting four dots or more, and then draw the pattern again to verify it.
Important: To protect your phone and data from unauthorized access, it is recommended that you use the highest security level available (Password protection). It is also recommended you frequently change your password to ensure the safety of your phone and personal data.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security under the Personal tab.
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. Touch Pattern.
6. Draw the screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal direction. Lift your finger from the screen when finished, and then touch CONTINUE.
7. When prompted, draw the screen unlock pattern again, and then touch CONFIRM.
8. Enter a backup PIN, touch Continue, re-enter the PIN, and touch OK to save your screen unlock pattern.
Note: If you fail to draw the correct unlock pattern on the screen after five attempts, you will be prompted to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again.
9. Select display options for notifications on the lock screen then touch DONE.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .