Galaxy S6 Edge: How can I set a music file as a ringtone on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge?
Your device can turn songs or music files you have downloaded, such as MP3s, into custom ringtones. You can also set up a personalized ringtone for each of your contacts.
Assign a Personal Ringtone
You can assign custom ringtones to your contacts. This makes it easier to identify a caller without needing to look at your device's screen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Contacts .
2. Touch the desired contact, and then touch EDIT to edit the contact's information.
3. Scroll to and touch Ringtone.
4. Scroll down and touch Add ringtone to create a custom ringtone from the sounds stored on your device.
5. If necessary, quickly double-touch Sound picker.
6. Select the music file you want to use. You can touch the file name to preview the music file, and touch it again to pause.
7. Mark the Highlights only checkbox to use highlights from the song for the ringtone, instead of playing the song from the beginning.
8. Touch DONE to set the ringtone.
Create a Custom Ringtone
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Sounds and notifications .
Note: It may be necessary to scroll down and then touch Sounds and notifications under the Device tab.
4. Touch Ringtones and sounds.
5. Touch Ringtone.
6. Scroll to and touch Add ringtone .
7. Quickly double-touch Sound picker, if necessary, and select the music file you want to use.
8. Mark the Highlights only checkbox to use highlights from the song for the ringtone, instead of playing the song from the beginning.
9. Touch DONE to set the ringtone.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .