Galaxy S7 - Fast charging (SM-G930W8)
Adaptive fast charging
Adaptive Fast Charging recharges your Galaxy S7 up to 50% in about 30 minutes (based on laboratory testing - results may vary - battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, wireless service provider, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and applications' usage patterns).
Important: Adaptive Fast Charging is designed specifically to work with the charger that came with your device or the Samsung Wireless Charging Pad.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Use adaptative fast charging
Note: Adaptative Fast Charging works only with the charger that came with your Galaxy S7 or the Adaptative Fast Charging Vehicle Charger.
1. Plug the supplied USB connector into the power/accessory interface connector on the bottom of your device.
2. Plug the wall charger into an electrical outlet. It may be necessary to connect the USB cable to the charging head before you can plug it into an electrical outlet. Fully charging the battery can take just 100 minutes with Adaptive Fast Charging (based on laboratory testing - results may vary - battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, wireless service provider, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and applications' usage patterns).
3. To ensure your device is fast charging, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to open the Notification Panel.
4. Look for the Fast charging notification. A Fast charging message will also display when your device is turned off during fast charging.
Note: If the notification shows Cable charging, instead of Fast charging, the device is not using an Adaptive Fast Charging wall charger. Use the charging head that was included in the box with your device.
Identify an adaptative fast charger
You can charge your device using any Samsung approved charger, but it will charge much more quickly using the Adaptive Fast Charger supplied with your device.
You can identify the Adaptive Fast Charger by the following attributes:
• The front of the charger.
• The back of the charger displays Adaptive Fast Charging.
Best pratices for battery charging
The following guidelines can help you charge your battery properly and safely:
• Turn off your device while it is charging.
• Verify that you are using the Samsung USB/charging cable and Adaptive Fast Charger included with your device, not third-party accessories.
• Ensure the USB/charging cable is connected securely and is not being blocked by a cover or case.
• Check whether a battery or charging indicator appears on the device's display when the USB/charging cable is plugged in.
• Charge using a wall outlet, not a computer.
• When the battery is fully charged, disconnect the device from the USB/charging cable.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .