Galaxy S7: How do I pin applications to the Home screen on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Pin an Application
You can pin an application to the screen of your device. This feature locks your device so the person using it has access to only the pinned application. Pinning an application also prevents other applications and features from causing interruptions, and it keeps you from accidentally exiting the application.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn on Pin Windows
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Lock screen and security .
Note: It might be necessary to scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Scroll to and touch Other security settings.
5. Scroll to and touch PIN windows.
6. Touch the slider next to Pin Windows to turn it on .
Pin an Application to the Screen
Note: Calling, messaging, and other functions may not be available while an application is pinned to the screen. Also, access to other applications will be prevented.
With the Pin windows feature turned on, you can pin an application to your screen:
1. Open the application you want to pin and touch Recent .
2. Touch the Pin icon in the bottom-right corner of the application window.
Note: It might be necessary to swipe your finger from bottom to top to access the icon.
3. Review the information about pinning applications and touch START.
4. The application will pin to the screen, and your device will display the App pinned.
Unpin an Application
1. Touch and hold Recent and Back on your device simultaneously.
2. The application will unpin from the screen, and your device will display the App unpinned message.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .