Galaxy S7 - Set Up a Lock Screen Password (SM-G930W8)
When you set a password (with at least four characters, numbers, or symbols) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Set up Password lock screen
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Lock screen and security .
Note: It might be necessary to scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to draw the pattern previously registered.
6. Touch Password.
7. Enter an alphanumeric password. A Password must be a minimum of four digits, but no more than 16 digits. Alphanumeric means the password must contain letters and numbers for maximum safety. Then, touch CONTINUE.
8. Re-enter the same alphanumeric sequence and touch OK.
9. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
10. You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Touch SET UP to add your fingerprints. Touch LATER to skip this step.
11. Press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
Note : You might notice that compared to our previous Galaxy devices, the weather information has been removed and the clock has been moved to the middle of the lock screen.
12. Swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
13. Enter your Passowrd and touch Done to unlock the device.
Important: Don’t forget your password! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .