Galaxy S7: How do I use the Auto restart feature on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
A Smartphone can be seen as a small computer that fits in your pocket. Optimise your device by restarting it automatically at set times. Any unsaved data will be lost when the device restarts. But restarting your mobile device once a week will also free up RAM and allow your device's performance to go back to optimal.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Activate and configure Auto restart
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Backup and reset .
4. Scroll to and touch Auto restart.
5. Touch the slider to turn Auto restart on .
6. Touch Time.
7. Set a time by swiping your finger up or down. Then touch DONE.
8. Touch Days.
9. Select a Day. For now, it is possible to restart the smartphone only once a week because it is sufficient for optimal performance. Your smartphone is designed to stay on (in sleep mode or wake mode) all the time.
Note: It is of course possible to restart your mobile device manually, anytime, using the Power button.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .