Galaxy S8: How do I capture the screen on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W)?
A screenshot is a snapshot of your device screen saved as a photo. There are several ways to capture screenshots on your device. After the screenshots are captured, they will be automatically saved to the Gallery.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Using device keys to capture a screenshot
1. To capture a screenshot of the displayed screen, press and hold the Power and Volume Down Keys simultaneously.
2. When the screenshot is captured, the screen will flash as it makes a camera shutter like sound and the Screenshot icon will appear on the Notification bar.
View the captured screenshots
The screenshot can be viewed immediately through the notifications panel.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notifications panel.
2. From the notifications panel, swipe down on the Screenshot captured notification to display more options.
3. To open the screenshot, touch the Screenshot captured notification.
Note: To view your screenshots at any time, navigate to the Gallery. Your Gallery consists of various sorting options (PICTURES, ALBUMS or STORIES). If your sorting option is not set to Time, a Screenshots folder will appear automatically where you can access your screenshots.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .