Galaxy S8: How do I change the secure lock settings on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W)?
Secure lock settings
The Lock screen can be adjusted to provide even greater security for your device.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Manage secure lock settings
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Lock screen and security.
4. Touch Secure lock settings.
5. The following settings are available:
• Lock automatically: When the screen is turned off, it will lock after a set period of time.
• Lock instantly with power key: When you turn off the screen by pressing the Power key, the screen will be locked.
• Auto factory reset: The device will automatically reset to factory default settings after 15 incorrect attempts to unlock your device.
• Lock network and security: While your device is locked, the network and security-related functions will also be locked. This will make it easier to locate and protect your device in case it is lost or stolen.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .