Galaxy S8: How do I set my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W) to use the DeX station?
Turn your Samsung Galaxy S8 into a true desktop PC. With the multimedia dock, you can use your mobile device's features on a wider screen by connecting to a TV or a monitor.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Connecting the multimedia dock and the mobile device
1. Connect the multimedia dock to a charger.
Note: Use the Adaptive Fast Charging Travel adapter that came with the phone.
2. Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the multimedia dock's HDMI port, and plug the other end of the cable into a TV or monitor's HDMI port.
3. Slide the DeX Station cover and then connect the mobile device to the DeX Station via the mobile device connector on the DeX Station.
4. Connect the keyboard and mouse to the USB ports on the DeX Station.
Note: You can also connect to nearby devices, such as a bluetooth, keyboard, and a mouse.
5. Select the screen mode you want to use. You can select Samsung DeX or Screen mirroring mode.
• START SAMSUNG DeX: The mobile device's screen will turn off and appear on the connected TV or monitor in desktop mode.
• SWITCH TO SCREEN MIRRORING: The same screen as the mobile device will appear on the connected TV or monitor.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .