Galaxy Tab A: How do I use Motions and gestures to control my Samsung Galaxy Tab A?
Motions and Gestures
The Gesture option on your tablet allows you to use your hands instead of using the buttons or menu settings on the tablet to perform certain features.
Note: Excessive shaking or impact on the device may result in unintended inputs. Control motions properly.
Control certain device actions by touching the screen with the palm of your hand. There are currently two options available with Gesture.
1. From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings .
2. Touch Motions and gestures under the Device tab.
3. Touch an option and touch ON/OFF to enable each of the following:
• Mute: Mute sounds and video by covering the screen with your hand.
• Palm swipe to capture: Capture an image of the screen when you sweep your hand left or right across the screen.
Note: You can view captured images in Gallery. After capturing a screenshot, you can edit the image and share it with others.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .