Galaxy Tab E LTE: How do I set up a Lock Screen Password on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E LTE?
When you set a password (with at least four characters, numbers, or symbols) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Set up Password lock screen
Important: Don’t forget your password! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to draw the pattern previously registered.
6. Touch Password.
7. Enter an alphanumeric password. A Password must be a minimum of four digits, but no more than 16 digits. Alphanumeric means the password must contain letters and numbers for maximum safety. Then, touch CONTINUE.
8. Re-enter the same alphanumeric sequence and touch OK.
9. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
10. Press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
11. Unlocking your device from the lock screen is a 2 steps process. First, swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
12. Then, enter your password and touch Done to unlock the device.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .