Galaxy Tab E LTE: How do I set up Screen Lock on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E LTE?
Increase your mobile device's security by setting up a screen lock. Pattern, PIN or Passwrod locks provide better protection than Swipe lock and are all configured from the Screen lock type menu.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Set up a lock screen
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to draw the pattern previously registered.
6. Touch Swipe.
7. If prompted, select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen. Then, touch DONE.
8. Once the Screen lock type is set, press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
9. On the lock screen, swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .