Galaxy Tab S2: How do I add a widget to the Home screen on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2?
A Widget is an interactive item that can be added to the Home screens of your device to give you quick access to information or tasks you perform frequently. For example, widgets can provide weather updates or notify you of upcoming calendar events. Your device comes with a variety of preloaded widgets that can be customized to fit your needs. You can download additional widgets from Google Play™ Store.
Adding a Widget to the Home Screen
1. To add widgets, open the Home screen, tap and hold an empty area on the screen.
Or pinch your fingers together on the screen.
2. Tap Widgets.
3. Tap and hold a widget, and then drag it to a Home screen and release it.
Adjusting Widget Size
1. Tap and hold a widget you want to resize, and then release it.
2. Adjust the size of the widget by dragging the sides or corner of the frame.
3. Tap any empty area to save.
Moving a Widget
1. Tap and hold a widget you want to move.
2. Drag widget to a new location.
Removing a Widget
1. Tap and hold a widget you want to remove from the Home screen.
2. Then drag the widget to Remove that appears at the top of the screen.
Note: This action does not delete the widget.
Add / Remove a Panel
Add a Panel
1. On the widgets screen, swipe to the end of the screens.
2. Touch Add to create new screen panel.
Remove a Panel
1. On the widgets screen, tap and and hold the panel to remove.
2. Drag the panel to Remove that appears at the top of the screen.
Note: At least one panel must remain on the Home screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .