Galaxy Watch Active2 - Clean the watch (SM-R820 & SM-R830)
If you experience some discomfort or skin irritation when wearing a Samsung smart watch, it means it's probably time to clean the watch. Some residue or foreign material probably built up on the watch and is aggravating your skin. It's also possible that you aren't wearing the watch correctly. Make sure to clean and adjust your smart watch for a more comfortable fit.
Available screens and settings may vary by provider, phone, or watch.
- Clean your wrist and the watch strap/band after exercising or sweating. Clean it with fresh water, wipe it with a little rubbing alcohol, and dry it thoroughly.
- When you wear sun block, lotion, or oil, clean your watch with a soap-free detergent. Make sure to rinse and dry it thoroughly.
- If the watch gets stained or contains any foreign materials, wipe it with a moistened, soft bristle toothbrush.
Moisture or the buildup of any substance on the back-charging surface of your watch can cause it to charge more slowly or not at all.
- Do not use soap, cleaning agents, abrasive materials, or compressed air to clean your watch.
- Skin irritation may be caused by soap, detergent, hand sanitizer, or cleaning agents left on your watch.
- Do not clean the watch using ultrasonic waves or external heat sources.
If you experience extreme skin irritation while wearing the smart watch, stop wearing it and wait two to three days for symptoms to ease. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a physician.
To help it run its best and also prevent skin irritation, you'll need to keep your watch nice and dry. Whenever it does get wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. You should also dry the charging surface on the back side of your watch before attaching it to a charger.
Please also keep in mind:
- Do not expose your watch to water at high pressure.
- The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if your watch is used in water or in other liquids.
- If your watch is exposed to any liquid other than fresh water (like salt water), rinse it with fresh water immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
- Do not expose your watch to ionized water.
- Your watch is not impervious to water damage in any situation.
- Failure to rinse your watch in fresh water and dry it as instructed may cause it to suffer from operability, cosmetic, and charging issues. For example, it may charge more slowly or overheat.
Thank you for your feedback!