Gear S: Charging Battery
Use the charger to charge the battery before using it for the first time. A computer can be also used to charge the Gear by connecting them via the USB cable.
IMPORTANT: Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables can cause the battery to explode or damage the Gear.
• If the battery is completely discharged, the Gear cannot be turned on immediately when the charger is connected. Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes before turning on the Gear.
• The charging dock provided with the Gear is used for charging the Gear’s battery. Take care not to lose the dock.
• Before charging the battery ensure that the charging terminals of the Gear and the charging dock are free of foreign material, such as sweat, liquid, or dust. Clean the charging terminals with a soft dry cloth.
Charging the Battery
1. Confirm the location of the charging terminals on the Gear and the charging dock.
2. Connect the Gear to the charging dock with the charging terminals facing each other.
3. Plug the USB cable into the multipurpose jack of the charging dock.
4. Connect the USB cable to the USB power adaptor and plug it into an electric socket. Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the Gear. Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty.
• While charging, some features are not available.
• If the Gear receives an unstable power supply while charging, the touch screen may not function. If this happens, unplug the charger from the Gear.
• While charging, the Gear may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the Gear’s lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging.
• If the Gear is not charging properly, contact to a Samsung Service Centre. After fully charging, disconnect the Gear from the charging dock. Then, disconnect the charging dock from the USB cable and unplug the USB power adapter from the electric socket.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .