Gear S2: How do I charge the battery on my Samsung Gear S2?
Charge the battery before using it for the first time or when it sits unused for extended periods.
Note: The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Charging the Battery
Use manufacturer-approved batteries, chargers, accessories, and supplies.
Prevent the multi-purpose jack and the small end of the charger from coming into contact with conductive materials, such as liquids, dust, metal powders, and pencil leads.
Checking the Charging Status
When you connect the Gear and the wireless charger dock, the wireless charger dock’s LED indicator flashes certain colors to indicate the battery level.
Red -> Green -> Yellow
Connected to a low-power adaptor
When a wireless charger dock error occurs, the LED indicator flashes red. Disconnect the Gear from the wireless charger dock and reconnect them. If the error occurs again, contact a Samsung Service Center for service support.
The LED indicator may work differently depending on the Gear.
Reducing the Battery Consumption
Your Gear provides various options that help you conserve battery power.
• When you are not using the Gear, switch to sleep mode by covering the screen with your palm.
• Activate power saving mode.
• Close unnecessary apps.
• Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
• Decrease the screen brightness.
• Deactivate the watch always on feature.
• Deactivate the voice wake-up feature in S Voice.
• Customize the notification settings in the Samsung Gear app on the connected mobile device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .